Tuesday 6 March 2018

Stock bought March 2018: BASF


Logo of BASF 2018

I, in my opinion, once again took advantage of the drop in share price of many excellent companies and therefore decided to push in some more money into BASF. Oil prices have increased lately which means that the oil and gas part of BASF should be doing pretty ok and their decision to step more into the consumer market has really taken off. For a long time BASF has been about volumes, volumes, volumes but since the last two years they have stepped into the consumer market that is more risky, yes, but it also provides much higher margins. If you go out into a store and pick up a pair of light weight Adidas sneakers then the sole comes from BASF polymers and from their in-house development. Since they own it that means they can join hands with every other sneaker company in the world. Well done BASF!

At the moment they are trading at a P/E of around 12.5 and yes that is with high earnings still, in my book, it is worth it. I am in this for the long run with my initial investment made 3.5 years ago in BASF.

Before this I had 47 shares with a price of 64.11 € per share including fees. I now bought 33 more shares at a price of 82.18 € which totals 2721.94 € including fees.

I therefore now own 80 shares in BASF with the total price per share of 71.68 € including fees and the entire investment is up at 5734 €.

To find out more regarding BASF then please click here.

If you want to see my current Stock Portfolio then click on the link but the portfolio will not be fully updated until the end of the month.

No comments: