Monday 3 July 2017

Summary of June 2017


Summary of June 2017


During the month of June my summer vacation arrived and passed. I managed to see family and some friends which I appreciate a lot and I managed to improve my summer house by sorting out some things that needed immediate attention. There will always be things left but I hope that the older my brothers children will be the more he will be able to do with the house with, hopefully, the assistance of my father.

June was a roller coaster in terms of portfolio valuation. It went up very strongly and I was even over 100k € in valuation for a couple of days before it dropped like a stone again.

At work the situation is strange at the moment. People are getting fired or are leaving in our most important business unit. It seems as if things are not running correctly there and in my opinion that always means cutting off the head of the snake. I do not see that happening because the managers are too emotionally attached to each other but the situation must get stabilised and quickly!

For the previous summary please visit Summary of May 2017 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.

Invested versus current value June 2017


The total invested value is now up at: 89,217 € including a realised loss of -551 €.


Current portfolio June 2017


The value of the portfolio is today: 97,705 € and spread out I now have around 6,800 € in cash on the different accounts. The combined gain is now at: 8,488 € (10%) which is not as good as one would have liked.


Me versus DAX June 2017


DAX have ended up having a good run and is now up at 12,475 points which means an decrease of -2.7% which should be compared to my own stock portfolio that decreased with only -0.4%.

Conclusion: DAX had a though period which means that my stocks did a bit better. This comes partially from banks (mainly Commerzbank) as well as the energy companies starting to be more appreciated by the market. It only took five years of waiting for me to start to see this happen... and I do NOT believe that this means that we are out of the woods.

No comments: