Wednesday 8 November 2017

Summary of October 2017


Summary of October 2017

I just came back from my friend in Poland that I went to visit over the weekend. I have not been to Poland for 1,5 years but each time I am impressed. Poland is today a country where one can live very comfortably even more so than what one does in the UK. At some point tearing things down and starting from scratch is better then to try to improve what is already there.

The weekend before me and my wife went to London. It was very nice and we had wonderful sunny days in the UK capital. I did not see any stress concerning Brexit but I am sure that many there are not happy at all.

My additional responsibility is to lead a R&D group within a field where I have zero experience. It is an interesting challenge to get on top if it all and to be honest I needed it because I had already started to get bored.

Oh, I have also gone on a shopping bonanza during October and bought both a pair of Nike sneakers as well as a kindle. I must say that I am very happy with both products.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of September 2017 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.

Invested vs Current October 2017

The total invested value is now up at: 91,224 €.

Current investment October 2017

The value of the portfolio is today: 105,758 € and spread out I now have around 6,902 € in cash on the different accounts. I have a realised gain of 1,144 € and the combined realised and unrealised gain is now at: 14,534 € (16%) which is not as good as one would have liked.

Me vs DAX October 2017

DAX had another great, great month and is now up at 13,379 points which means an increase of 3.3% which should be compared to my more modest 2.8%.

Conclusion: DAX keeps increasing month after month after the summer drop and I must say that it is impressive how it has recovered. The energy companies have started to go up in share price and here in England they are speaking of the coldest winter in a long time that is now coming. Due to my heavy investment in energy companies those kind of forecasts makes me very happy even though my personal energy bill will also increase.

No comments: