Friday 9 February 2018

Stock bought February 2018: HM


Logo H&M 2018

I spent a large part of the weekend reading up on the financial results from several retail chains as well as reading analytics reports concerning the retail sector and what they need to change or do more of in the future to attract and to keep customers. I was ranting a quite a bit about it during my Summary of January 2018 report. H&M tick pretty much each and everyone of those boxes. To make a long story short I bought more shares.

I increased my holding with an additional 353 shares at a total cost of 4944.02 €, including fees of 12.61 €. I now hold 603 shares at a total cost of 9893 €, including fees. I have now decreased my price to 16.4 € per share.

Oh, it should be stated that this was a gift from my mother to me and me alone.

To find out more about H&M then please click here.

Any changes will be brought into the stock portfolio upon the next update in the very end of the month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you that you are going to waste your money with H&M. They actually cut their dividend in half.

Fredrik von Oberhausen said...

Thank you. It is not a short term investment, I am fully aware of this, and there are many obstacles for them to pass over but I am confident that they will manage to do so. However we all know how often I am wrong with my investments and only time will tell.

They have cut the dividend payment in two halves but not the dividend itself. One is paid out in spring and the other one during the autumn.

Personally I would have preferred if they would have cut the dividend in half so that they could have used that extra money to push the development faster.