Friday 14 August 2020

Summary of July 2020

 

Summary of July 2020

I did not receive any dividends during the month of July this year so no need for such a report. It has been a busy period at work which is also part of the reason for my delay in arriving with the monthly report and I'm sorry to say that I used data from today and could not be bothered to dig out the actual prices for the various shares in the beginning of August.

The entire team is now back at work and things are running at full speed. It is truly satisfying when things are coming together as well as they currently are doing. One project that we have we've now managed to take a gigantic leap forward and that was even before independent had showed that our product was miles ahead of our competitors. With a competent commercial director we should be selling significant units of this product which is unfortunately not the case.

Have you ever had a manager / CEO that is impressed by the image of working? Have you seen how destructive this is to an organisation? Well, I'm learning all these things at the very heart of it.

Share prices have dropped lately and especially my US shares have taken a bit of a dive. No matter for me. I just keep investing whatever I can each month.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of June 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 157,908 €. Monthly investment was made in the Mixed ETF and more stocks were bought in Skanska.


The value of the portfolio is today: 191,352 € and I have 2,816 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 33,444 € (17.5%) which is, as always, not good enough.


DAX is now up at 12,901 points which means that it has increased by 3.0% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has unfortunately only increased by 1.9%. 

Conclusion: DAX has done well again. Clearly recovered from Wirecard and my US stocks, mainly, Intel has done horrible bad this month. The mixed ETF keep increasing in an enjoyable fashion. As always I will not stick around for long with my cash on the broker account.

No comments: