Tuesday 1 September 2020

Summary of August 2020


Summary of August 2020

One little stream of dividends dropped in this month and as we all know this is not a "normal" dividend year so I am not expecting to be even close to what I have received previous years. On top of things the divorce of course had its toll on things but that aside I am very happy with my savings since then and especially in the last couple of months. I am now able to save around and sometimes more than 5,000 € per month. It is not the earnings but the ability to save that does the trick.

My plan is now to try to retire in the next two years. I do not expect to do nothing once I retire and not to contribute any further to society. Instead I'm certain that I will keep busy but it will just be with other things, things that I feel like doing at that very moment. The starting point will very likely be to fix up our family summer house. No one knows what the future holds but these are at least my current thoughts.

Work is going ok and I expect to remain with this job until I retire. If things are going really well for the company then there is even a chance to retire slightly earlier due to the amount of stock options that I now hold. I would not hold my breath on that though and instead the two years with remained income and without accounting for stock options and bonus is what I have fixed my mind on.

I was a bit late in buying my shares last month the Primark stores are stuffed with people again so their business is definitely up and running again.

I would love to go on vacation and especially going back home to Sweden but unless it becomes a "safe" country according to the UK government then I do not see it as possible. I am however feeling very tired at the moment and if I cannot do it soon then I might be forced to make a staycation to simply recharge the batteries a bit.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of July 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


 The total invested value is now up at: 162,811 €. Monthly investment was made in the Mixed ETF and more stocks were bought in ABF.


The value of the portfolio is today: 197,897 € and I have 3,077 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 35,086 € (17.7%) which is, as always, not good enough.


DAX is now up at 12,992 points which means that it has increased by 0.7% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has unfortunately only increased by 0.4%. 

Conclusion: DAX is still doing pretty well at least against me. US shares remain low and the Swedish crown has become disturbingly strong which does not only impact me but also the Swedish export industry and their ability to bring back the money to Moder Svea.

No comments: