Friday 2 October 2020

Summary of September 2020

Summary of September 2020

 Received normal dividends from my US companies while BP had cut their dividends payment by half. It makes sense and I support these actions by companies. If they have a bad year then the shareholders should not only suffer with share price drops but also reduced or cut dividends. I am sure many of you disagree with me on this one.

This month I did not manage to add any cash to my broker account. A friends car broke down and had to go to the scrap yard. Since many people in the UK are receiving utterly unacceptable salaries my friend had too little savings to be able to buy an ok 2nd hand car and I stepped in and bought it. The money will come back in the coming months and I will hopefully be able to buy stocks for slightly more then my usual ~2k € per month. The Mixed ETF that I by via my company pension was of course still invested.

The border to both Sweden and Denmark was open for UK travellers so I directly booked a trip back home. I had a great time with my family and friends and as tradition holds we went for a swim followed by sauna. Due to the very warm weather in Sweden I don't think I have ever spent so long time in the sea in the end of September before. So I had a great time!

During my vacation there was however a bit of a hiccup between Denmark and the UK which has now led to me being forced to quarantine for two weeks before returning to the office. It is ok, not what I wanted but it's ok. I spent a large part of spring and summer doing just this.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of August 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 
166,446 €. Monthly investment was made in the Mixed ETF and more parts were bought in ETF Portugal.


The value of the portfolio is today: 200,761 € and I have 963 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 34,315 € (17.1%) which is, as always, not good enough.



DAX is now down at 12,761 points which means that it has decreased by -1.8% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has unfortunately also decreased by -0.9%. 

Conclusion: DAX lost this round against me and it is a good moment to invest. I decided that my friends need was greater than my future me and therefore I made a different investment this month.

No comments: