Sunday 5 September 2021

Summary of August 2021

 

Summary of August 2021

Dividends received from Intel and TJX.

Increased my holdings in Lufthansa and EasyJet. It will take much longer than what I expected for travelling to get started again but it will go up again... at some point in time...

In September 2020 my own situation was as follows. I had no vaccination, there were no existing vaccines available for the population and there were no test kits available for the general population. Back then I could just travel to Copenhagen wearing a mask during the entire travelling unless I was eating during the flight, which I did not. Once in Copenhagen I just took the train over to Sweden. Going back the procedure was exactly the same.

Today, fully vaccinated, tests kits exists and I test myself 2x per week I now need a 72h PCR test for being allowed to travel to Copenhagen, at Copenhagen airport I'm likely to get tested again before being allowed to travel over to Sweden. To travel back to the UK I will need to get another 72h PCR test, I need to fill out a serious arrival form before coming back to the UK and within two days of my arrival in the UK I need to take another PCR test. A trip that used to cost around 150 - 200 € have now increased to 400 - 500 € and this is me being fully vaccinated. Something has gone very, very wrong and many companies are making ridiculous profits due to the fear and governmental over responses.

I had a lovely vacation in Cornwall like the rest of the UK population and it was greatly needed! I still need to go back to Sweden and my summerhouse but as you've probably realised from my text above this will take place in mid September.

I'm once again interested in buying and apartment and gave a shameful offer on one apartment that unfortunately, for me, was not accepted.

or the previous summary please visit Summary of July 2021 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now at: 232,988 . Monthly investments were made in the Mixed ETF, Lufthansa and EasyJet.


The value of the portfolio is today: 340,857 € and I have 2,594 € in cash on my broker accounts. I have realised gains of 2,498 € and unrealised of 107,869 € (32%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 61% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 15,781 points which means that it has increased by 0.1% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has increased by 0.2% in the same time period.

Conclusion: Very little progress during the month and to be fair most of my companies were down this month so the saviour for me was as so often lately, my mixed ETF, company pension fund.

No comments: