Monday 6 June 2022

Summary of May 2022

 

Summary of May 2022

Overall it has been a tough start of this year. I keep investing more money each month however there is shockingly little movement in the current value of the investments. I was also profiting from a stronger £ however that has now also dropped down which has a large impact on the Mixed ETF that I have in the UK.

It is sad to see how much attention Mr. Depp and ex-wife is receiving while we have a war going on with thousands of casualties just next door. Each time someone tried to bring it up with me I raised the Ukraine/Russia situation. They all consider me to be a party pooper but I do not care. I find humans ability to focus, including on bigger matters, to be appalling.

I made my first international business trip this month. A two day journey to Germany and that was it. Still it is a start and I hope that more will join me in that they will never take business or first class flights ever again. It is simply not worth it for either the environment nor for the cost.

I've still not received a new boss and it seems as if it will be a slower process. There is a lot of drama at work since quite a lot of people are taking some liberties in how they act and what they do... me included... So I'm currently having a great time at work!

For the previous summary please visit Summary of April 2022 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is. 


The total invested value is now at: 294,030 . Monthly investments made in ETF Mix and ETF EU.


The value of the portfolio is today: 394,952 € and I have 5,538 € in cash on my broker accounts. I have realised gains of 5,538 € and unrealised of 100,922 € (26%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 63% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 14,460 points which means that it has increased by 2.6% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has decreased by -1.3% in the same time period.

Conclusion: DAX continues to do well this month also while I am treading water. I can only push in £2k into my stock ISA in the UK which is most likely going to happen next month and after that I will probably have to start bringing money back home to Sweden as preparation for retirement. Annoyingly it will have to remain as cash which I'm not at all pleased with.

No comments: