Sunday 3 July 2022

Summary of June 2022

 

Summary of June 2022

War still going on in Ukraine and people are dyeing every day. Ukraine is a large food producer and exporter which can potentially lead to global food shortages. Inflation and interests rates are increasing globally. Covid is coming back and the infection rates, happily not death rates, are increasing day by day. More countries are trying to protect themselves by joining Nato and from the energy crisis by building more nuclear plants. The world is open for travelling but airspace over Ukraine and Russia is not which is creating massive issues. The managers of the airports globally thought they were clever during Covid - they were not, and now we are stuck in an open world where we should be able to go anywhere but we are unable to get through security at the airport in time to catch the flight OR the flight gets cancelled at the last minute. May we live in interesting times.

So... the stock market have during June reacted to all of the above and probably also to many more things that I've missed to put into the list. Dividends do however keep dropping in and I received a bit more than 400 € so that is good news. Bad news is that the stock market is shaky and the money that I had started to build up for my renovations object have now been wiped out and there is nothing to say that this will be the end of it so it will probably continue down which then "eats" into my retirement fund. Is my brother right? Will I need a bigger buffer before retirement? 

Currently I'm still sitting with a good job in a position that is paying me fairly well so I'm in no stress to leave. The new boss have still not arrived and I'm enjoying my freedom of doing pretty much whatever I fancy. Let's see what the pushback will be one day.

Am I worried, concerned, having sleepless nights of any of the above? No, I'm not. Life is in the end good and my heart is with the people in Ukraine that are currently suffering.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of May 2022 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is. 


The total invested value is now at: 296,096 . Monthly investments made in ETF Mix, Rio Tinto and I divested Stock X.

The value of the portfolio is today: 367,039
 € and I have 6,068 € in cash on my broker accounts. I have realised gains of 4,547 € (due to loss from selling Stock X) and unrealised of 70,943 € (19%) which is not good enough and dropped down further lately. My ETFs are now up at a value of 64% of my portfolio.


DAX is now down to 12,813 points which means that it has decreased by -11.4% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has decreased by -11% in the same time period.

Conclusion: DAX is down and I am down. I keep investing and I've now added in the final amount of money to my UK ISA broker account (£20k per year and the tax year started in April 2022) so I've got one more investment to make in July from the cash that is now in there but after that the money needs to be brought into action somehow else. I might be forced to just keep it as cash which fills my heart with dread. 

No comments: