Friday 21 June 2013

Glad midsommar!


midsommar, Swedish party during summer


Today is the midsummer party in the Scandinavian countries! In Germany I of course do not have the day off because they do not celebrate such old Viking traditions of fertilizing the soil. However I will sneak away early to go to a party here in Berlin that is being supported by the Nordic Embassy. For this reason I was forced to do some cooking yesterday evening. Nothing serious but there are some things that must be present for the midsummer party. Newly harvested potatoes, herring, sour crème, vodka & strawberries. Anything besides from these five things are just extra things to make it more flashy and are definitely not needed. Since I will have a date... I will however make it a little bit more flashy.

No comments: