Wednesday 19 June 2013

Pershing Square: William Ackman Q1 2013


A hedge fund run by William Ackman
This hedge fund, Pershing Square Capital Management LP, is being run by William "Bill" Ackman and lately his name has been in the air due to the battle with Carl Icahn concerning Herbalife. Strangely enough I saw no filing of Herbalife which I find a bit odd...

I recently saw in investment video by him were he very shortly explained how to set up a lemonade stand, to run it and how to grow it. Nothing new there but I liked that he said... "the ideal thing is to buy a stock and hold it forever". Due to that sentence I then decided to check out his hedge fund to see if they were working according to that concept or not.



By the look of it they seem to do that and for this reason I have also added his hedge fund to the list that I will follow and report on when they are changing their shares.

New added stocks:

Mondelez Intl Inc - A sweets company with several well known brands such as Cadbury, Oreo, Prinze, Marabou, Milka, Stimorol as well as coffee brands such as Jacobs, Onko etc.

What is interesting is that Berkshire Hathaway decreased in Q1 2013 in Mondelez so I wonder which one of them are "correct".


Companies/Shares owned Q1 in 2013



Companies/Shares owned Q4 in 2012


No comments: