Monday 23 June 2014

Contrarian stock bought June 2014: Cez


Cez a Czech Republic energy company


As mentioned not that long ago it was yet again time to start investing since the money that was allocated to a potentially expensive move in the end was not needed and had to be put to better use. I previously also mentioned that I am due to a tough spring behind schedule with my investments and I hope to be able to catch up with making the around 1,000 € investment per month.
This means that after this investment I am only 1,000 euro behind that schedule and with some extra squeezing of my lifestyle plus sharing an extremely cheap apartment now with my girlfriend I see no reason for why it should not be possible.

I therefore decided to increase my position in Cez, go here for the analysis of Cez 2014, since it was simply too small for making any large impact, which will most likely take a while until it arrives anyway but in the meantime I expect nice dividends.

I bought an additional 50 shares in Cez and I paid, including fees, 21.65 €. In total I now own 100 shares in Cez and the average price is 21.42 € per share. On the 27th of June during the annual meeting the dividend will most likely be fixed to 40 CZK which was proposed which should then give me around 140 euro. It will be interesting to see what kind of taxes will be removed from that.

With the next update of the monthly report the new change will be brought in to the Stock Portfolio.

2 comments:

2025 said...

Hi! Thank you for good analysis on European stocks. From which market place did you purchase CEZ stock? Could you perhaps share the ticker? Keep up the good work.

Fredrik von Oberhausen said...

Hi 2025,

ISIN CZ0005112300
WKN 887832
Symbol CEZ.FSE

I always buy my stock over what is called "direct trade" since that is the cheapest version for me with my broker and I directly receive or sell the shares.

The downside is that I can not place orders according to the price I want to pay or sell the shares for on this direct trade.

This direct trade is, even though they do not claim so anywhere, a so called dark pool which is probably the reason for why I receive letters every now and then concerning that my stock broker tells me, that they have informed the company, that I am now owning those share and not some other customer of my broker.

Due to that my broker is large I have excess to a large quantity of shares that are otherwise not offered in Germany and in this way I have bought US, UK, Italian, Ukranian/Polish and Czech companies without paying crazy fees.