Monday 1 January 2018

Summary of December 2017


Summary of December 2017

December arrived and went again. Time flies. Time flies. I managed to go to Berlin for some glühwein at the Christmas market. This was the tenth anniversary for doing so. I realise that I need to start up a similar tradition with my friends back in France. It is so easy to lose touch with people if one does not regularly see them.

For Christmas I went home to Sweden for a few days which was good. I took the role as jultomten and my nephews did happily not discover anything so the secret is safe for yet another year depending on the kindergarten and the discussions that will take place there. Kids or no kids I still find that jultomten should always come. It is nice to have a person that hands out all the gifts that you have to thank when receiving it.

2018 will go down in history as a very interesting year for me both private and work wise. There will be many obstacles to overcome and I need to focus on my health once again. Too much sitting, too much bad restaurant food.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of November 2017 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.

Invested vs Current December 2017

The total invested value is now up at: 99,014 €. I bought H&M and ETF Portugal during the month of December.

Current investments December 2017

The value of the portfolio is today: 109,606 € and spread out I now have around 5,656 € in cash on the different accounts. I have a realised gain of 2,857 € and the combined realised and unrealised gain is now at: 10,592 € (11%) which is not as good as one would have liked and a significant drop since last month which comes to a certain extent from buying more shares.


Me vs DAX December 2017

DAX did not to very well this month and decreased to 12,918 points which means that the it decreased by -1.8% which should be compared to my more extreme decrease of -5.0%.

Conclusion: DAX decreased but by far less than my portfolio. My ETF Portugal has grown out of proportion and I need to find another ETF to start pushing money into. There are also plenty of stocks that I want to clean out and I hope to be able to do so during 2018.

No comments: