Friday 24 October 2014

Fighting against private health insurance companies


Fighting, insurance, health

This will be a very short little text because I have very little time today but there are things that should be mentioned.

That I have very little time at the moment comes from a large order from a customer to my company so that is great news. As always there is then plenty of time pressure and to sell custom made products are on its own already difficult. But still when I have to work hard for 2-3 weeks to make a sale that can pay my salary for a bit over 3 months then it is worth it to work nights and weekends.

In the last three months I have been fighting against my private health insurance company since they all of a sudden arrived from the blue and wanted to have an extra payment from me in the size of 213 €. This extra payment that they want to have from me was due to four months back in 2011.




Needless to say that their claim was preposterous and back in the days I would not have done anything besides from pay the bill. That is, I am sorry to say, the normal approach of a hard working foreigner in a country where one does to speak the language fluent. So due to language issues and language insecurity one always takes the easy way and pay the bill but afterwards also feel unjust treated and becomes unhappy due to that.

This time I decided to fight back. Plenty of email conversations as well as phone calls back and forth took place during this process. I also must admit that in one phone call I was even outright unfriendly to the person on the other side. I generally are not an unfriendly person and I strongly dislike to be unfriendly towards people over the phone that are just doing their job in support or whatever. In this case I did however speak directly to the person that made the decision to refuse my objections. I still feel bad about being unfriendly towards her. If she ever reads this then I am sorry that I was unfriendly to you.

Yesterday I received a letter back that said that instead of me paying 213 € I will get one stock investment back so a little over 1,000 €. However, I honestly think they are paying this back to me because they want to get rid of me. I had started to cost them so much time and be honest I was planning to continue to cost them time until I had received all the 213 € back (that I should unjust pay back) or until that point that according to my calculation they in the insurance company had spent the double amount of money on their dealings with me.

I was not expecting to get this amount of money back and their calculation is correct but one can argue against it meaning that they would have unless they wanted to pay me off like they now did.

So I hope that I will get the money very soon so that I can keep up the extra monthly investment approach!

No comments: