Monday 3 August 2015

Summary of July 2015


Summary, July, 2015

The hurdle of being accepted to the Business Administration course has now been passed and I have even ordered the books that are needed for the coming semester. Hopefully I will find this of more interest than what I found the macro economics. Fui! Future will tell and very soon since time is flying!

I am now on vacation and as each year the possibility for me to write more articles during the vacation depends on if my neighbour still have not learned to block his WiFi. I will keep my fingers crossed!


Even though the weather will most likely be seriously bad in Sweden I am looking forward to going there and to do some wonderful physical labour. A new firewood shed needs to be built and we have plenty of logs (from cutting down seven or eight trees) that now needs to be cleaved into firewood and placed inside this shed... so there will be plenty to do with or without rain. 

My plan is to build the firewood shed out of "SJ-pallar" and it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I will try to take a picture of it even if it goes seriously bad which is a pretty high chance since my building skills are based on wits and laziness so if there are corners to cut I will cut them. Functionality I refuse to compromise on but that is also the only rule.

The concept of writing another patent in my company got a bit sidetracked and have been put on hold for now so the company value will just have to remain as it is for the time being.

I have now managed to collect all the papers needed to be able to get the passport in Sweden and I keep my fingers crossed that everything will work out fine because the last time I tried to get a passport in Sweden I was refused which was, to say the least, highly disturbing.

I also start to be a bit concerned regarding my drivers license situation. These days we are forced to get a new one in the EU country we reside and here in Berlin the entire system with interacting with the government is as messed up as it gets. I was told that it could take up to nine weeks to get a new drivers license and that was... around seven weeks ago... I have still heard nothing and my current drivers license expires directly after I am back from my two week vacation. Oh, well... what to do. I guess I will have to call the mayor again and complain until something happens like I did the last time.

For the previous report please visit summary of June 2015.

I once again made a change because pie charts simply does not work once the number gets too high so also the current value has now been adjusted to something that I find more beautiful and much easier to follow.


Invested, Current, Value, July, 2015

The total invested value is now up at 66,288 € including the realised losses. The changes came this month via an investment in Gerry Weber and an increase in my holding of MüRe.


Current, Investments, July, 2015


It was a good month in July and the value of the portfolio has now reached 69,777 € which means that I now have an unrealised profit of 3,488 €. Considering the stability, or lack of, in some companies some of the pillars are looking too high which is not a pillar problem but a very realistic too-much-invested-in-dodgy-companies problem. Is that the contrarian way?


Me versus DAX, July, 2015


DAX went up a little in the last month and is now at 11,230 points which means that DAX increased by 0.7 % during July. For my own portfolio the difference was +2.0 % so for the month of July my portfolio did the best and DAX was beaten.

Conclusion: It looks like a rocky summer ride with ups and downs and ups again. Influenced by China, by Greece, by bad and good quarter reports. Generally I find that responses are too large at the moment. A good report and a company can easily jump 10% and the same value down on a bad report and I often do not see that as being justifiable responses. More of those -10% on quality companies and there might be some nice buys this autumn again like there were last autumn.

For the full portfolio report please go to the Stock Portfolio page and if you have suggestions for stocks that I should analyse then please go to the Analysis Requests page.

No comments: