Thursday 14 December 2017

Stock bought December 2017: HM

Logo of H&M 2017

Well... what can I say... It was time to step into H&M. As so often Mr. Market have overreacted, in my opinion, when looking into the crystal ball and there the analysts foresaw a future that would be very hard for H&M moving forward. I disagree. As long as they keep pushing out 10% more stores per year, and they know how to do this on an international level, get their online services to provide higher margins as well as clean out some stores where there has been a bit of over exploitation then I only see a bright, bright future for H&M.

I therefore decided to step in, for me, fairly heavy and I bought 250 shares and in total I paid 4,948.84 € which includes a fee of 12.34 € for the purchase. 

I hope that this will become a long term investment but I have put the bar at 32 € per share.

To find out more about H&M then please click here.

Any changes will be brought into the stock portfolio upon the next update in the very end of the month.

3 comments:

2025 said...

Oh, I'm with you. Already bought first time at 250 kr. Today bad news and huge decline. I will soon consider adding third time, but hesitating with my rather big portfolio of stocks in retail sector...

Anonymous said...

320sek, well good luck. Reaching that might take more than a decade.

Fredrik von Oberhausen said...

@2025
Yeah, I am also a bit too heavy into retail with H&M, ABF, Hugo Boss, Nike, Fast Retailing and TJX. Interesting how stocks tend to drop once I buy them.

@Anon
10 years with 60% share price gain +5% (for simplicity) per year of dividends for 10 years giving, still simplistic, 110% over 10 years. I can live with that. Are you telling me that you cannot?