Saturday 27 February 2021

Summary of February 2021

 

Summary of February 2021

No dividends were paid out to me during the month of February 2021 so unfortunately I have nothing of interest to report on that. BASF had a good year 2020 and I was informed that they are planning to pay out 3.30 € per share + bonus to their employees. I do have friends working for BASF so good on them!

I was expecting increased prices in the supermarkets and potentially some lacking products after Brexit but to be honest I have not noticed that much of it. If my weekly shopping bill ends up at £30 or £33 I'm afraid I couldn't care less and therefore I also do not notice it. In January I did however notice that the lifetime of the fruit and vegetables that I bought was much shorter in my fridge than previously. This does no longer seem to be the case and things are back to normal.

The value of the £ has started to increase and gone from ~1.11 to 1.15 to € and since over half my stock portfolio is these days in £ I have had a more than normal boost from this. The currency wind can however change quickly in either direction so it is a risk that I have in my portfolio.

The vaccinations here in the UK are progressing swiftly. We now have several employees that have received the first shot and they are really pushing it. So well done NHS and UK government on that! Due to my age and no serious (known) health issues I am further down the line and can probably not expect to receive something until earliest in May.

Start to be a bit of a complication in the company. The home office people have kind of gotten into a state of business as usual, because that is how it is for them. They wake up, go to their home office desk and start working with teleconferences etc. It is not business as usual! Lockdown is currently in place and there are significant delays in deliveries, getting supplies etc. and Brexit have not helped us either when it comes to this to be fair.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of January 2021 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 200,630
 . Monthly investments were made in the Mixed ETF, Stock Y, Berkshire Hathaway and McDonalds and I'm sitting on cash for buying more. The bonus and increased value of the £ have pushed up the value significantly compared to last month.


The value of the portfolio is today: 272,219 € and I have 3,778 € in cash on my broker accounts. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 71,589 € (26.3%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 56% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 13,786 points which means that it has increased by 2.6% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has increased by 1.0% in the same time period.

Conclusion: DAX this very well this month after its dip in January. I was helped by currency movements but not enough for beating DAX. Now I need to focus on what to by next for the cash that has been added to the broker account.

No comments: