Sunday 31 January 2021

Summary of January 2021

 

Summary of January 2021

I had one final dividend payment from Nike just before the end of the year. I have now updated that on the dividend page. Besides from that 8 € something payment I have received no dividend payments during the month of January.

In January we receive bonus payments in the company. As mentioned on numerous occasions I personally find it distasteful to pay out bonuses in a company that is not making a decent profit. Unfortunately I do not have the say over this and substantial bonuses were paid out. Bonus payments and / or any gains from stock options have not been considered for my retirement plan. The bonus directly disappeared from my account and one part went back to Sweden for property tax and bills for my families summer house for the coming two years and the other part went straight into my Stock ISA here in the UK. I therefore currently holding slightly more cash than what is normally the case.

UK is currently on lockdown but allows businesses to remain open which means that either one is at work or at home. I have expanded the amount of home office during this period and I currently do two days home office. Interestingly enough I find that I was more efficient with home office when doing it constantly but still my efficiency is the highest when I am in the office.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of December 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 186,884 €. Monthly investment was made in the Mixed ETF and I'm sitting on cash for buying something.


The value of the portfolio is today: 251,661 € and I have 9,859 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 64,776 € (25.7%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 58% of my portfolio.


DAX is now down at 13,433 points which means that it has decreased by -2.8% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has increased by 1.1% in the same time period.


Conclusion: I beat DAX pretty substantially during the month of January which I of course hope will continue for many more months during 2021 but I am fairly certain that will be the case due to the beneficial company pension scheme. I am still lacking in property and forest industry and currently my thoughts are to use the bonus to invest into a property and an investment company. I still need to think about if I will also make a smaller increase in my holding in Stock X or Stock Y.

No comments: