Sunday 4 April 2021

Summary of March 2021

 

Summary of March 2021

Several companies paid out dividends this month so that was very nice of them. I always love those dripples of cash coming into the account.

I'm afraid that I have not yet made the transfer of cash to my broker account and neither have I bought any news stock for the March salary due to that I've maxed out my ISA contribution for the tax year ending in April. So I just need to wait a couple of days and then I will directly transfer and get busy buying something.

My pension provider has decided to make an indecent charge increase of one of my mixed funds so I have now changed it for a more reasonable one.

The GBP keeps rising and I hope that it will continue to do so. When I took the job in the UK GBP:EUR was around 1.34 and within a couple of months it dropped down to around 1.12 which I never really felt to be fair but it will make a massive difference the day I leave UK.

Work wise everything is (British) fine. Significant problems with suppliers and availability of raw materials. Pretty much have to wheel and deal to get anything done which by the look of things might not improve for the rest of this year.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of February 2021 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 208,258
 . Monthly investments were made in the Mixed ETF, Stock X and McDonalds and cash has not yet been brought to the broker account.


The value of the portfolio is today: 295,219 € and I have ~550 € in cash on my broker accounts. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 86,961 € (29.5%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 56% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 15,107 points which means that it has increased by 9.6% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has only increased by 6.1% in the same time period.

Conclusion: Wooow! What a month for DAX! Almost 10% increase in a month meaning that many companies are now likely to be overvalued on DAX. I'm happy with my 6% and hat off to DAX.

No comments: