Sunday 2 May 2021

Summary of April 2021

 

Summary of April 2021

Some dividends arrived of which two very nice ones so that was good. Once again I did not manage to join when DBAG raised their shares in the company so that was annoying and my ETF Portugal went into liquidation and I received the money out as cash. During the 4 years that I had held it I had received around 2.5% in value increase and 5% in dividends so less than 2% per year. Not very good but still better than a bank account. Due to this unexpected sale I now have a, for me, large cash pot that I need to shuffle out on the stock market. I already know what to buy.

My company pension broker decided to push up the costs for an ETF to a level that was just ridiculous so I swiftly changed that to a lower cost one. Happily there were no costs involved in changing from one fund to the next.

Work is going ok. Issues with the cooperation partners that are sitting in countries that have now, once again, been very hard hit by Covid-19. It of course leads to delays that no one wants to have but based on the revenues that we see from many companies then it seems as these periods of lockdown etc. are being caught up very quickly once the countries open up again. The demand is simply there it is just on hold by the look of it.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of February 2021 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now at: 205,702 . Monthly investments were made in the Mixed ETF and EasyJet.


The value of the portfolio is today: 297,966 € and I have 11,646 € in cash on my broker accounts. I have realised gains of 3,323 € and unrealised of 92,264 € (31.0%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 56% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 15,136 points which means that it has increased by 0.2% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has only increased by 3.1% in the same time period.

Conclusion: DAX did not improve significantly during the month while my own portfolio did a little bit better. Generally it feels as if the stock markets have gone up too much, too fast but since I do not believe in timing I will also not step out of the stock market.

No comments: