Sunday 31 May 2020

Summary of May 2020


Summary of May 2020

The sunshine has continued during the month while my mood has gone a bit down from all the home office. The world has started to be active again and I'm sitting every day having telephone conferences with all corners of the globe. UK will now start to ease the lockdown and people are allowed to meet up as long as they keep the 2m distance.

I will be back in the office on Monday and more and more of my team will be brought back in during the coming weeks. I'm happy to be back at work even tough it will be awkward with the social distancing and all the precautions that we must take. I'm Swedish and we are a hugging population. Few things beat a proper hug for showing that you care about the person.

In the latest weeks I've spoken a lot with people in South America. They are still on proper lockdown and their economies that were struggling already before have now gone further downhill. Since it was on my mind about the supply companies I was asking them about it and what they said was that smaller supply chain companies either have or will go bust which will lead to delays in the economical kick-off not only for South America but for many other parts as well.

Share prices have continued up also this month and I can only once again state that I think the celebration is far too soon. Does this mean that I will not buy new shares from my salary? No, it does not. I know that I cannot time the market so if the company is reasonably priced then I buy it.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of April 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 147,260 €. The monthly investment in the Mixed ETF has been made and I bought shares in Skanska.


The value of the portfolio is today: 170,199 and I have 2095 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 22,940 € (13.5%) which is, as always, not good enough.


DAX is now up at 11,587 points which means that it has increased by 6.7% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has increased by 7.0%.

Conclusion: Third month in a row that my portfolio performed better than DAX. I do not expect it to last. I have cash again on my broker account and I've made a small investment in construction so I am still missing property and forest industry. Additionally, I'm interested in increasing my holdings in Skanska, ABF, DBAG or Tessenderlo. ABF has a part retail (Primark) and I am already have in retail so I'm reluctant with that one. DBAG pay out very nice dividends, they recently opened a new fund that was filled up with money so they have firepower for plenty of investments however I already have a bit of money in them. I was looking over the forest industry and I'm sorry to say that I am not pleased with their revenue growth rate and property I consider to be in a bubble due to the low interest rates and one need to dig to see if the company is aggressive with their property re-evaluations so currently I cannot be bothered to look into that industry. Hence it will either be more in Tessenderlo or more in Skanska.

No comments: