Wednesday 30 December 2020

Summary of December 2020

 

Summary of December 2020


There was a small trickle of dividends during December which is always a pleasure to receive but the most excitement during the last two months has been the quick recovery of the stock markets that one way or the other has been in connection with the new president in the USA, the vaccine arriving for Covid-19 and that people are now being vaccinated all over the world and thirdly that a deal has been made regarding the UK leaving the European Union. Often the celebration is taken out in advance and that will probably be the case also this time. Still a lot of people start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope is a funny old thing. It can keep people going even when the world is tumbling down around them. Very fascinating.

I stayed in the UK this year and I celebrated Christmas with a dear friend of mine. First we had Swedish Christmas food made by me and then a British one two days later. To all British out there... I'm sorry to say but the Swedish Christmas food has a larger variety in the flavours and I would probably prefer it over the British even if I would not have been born and raised in Sweden. IKEA was my saviour for managing to put together the Swedish Christmas food so thank you IKEA for that!

In my part of the UK I am still in Tier 3 and I hope that we will not be forced to enter Tier 4 as they are currently down south. If we go into Tier 4 then we must really consider of the employees should go back to work in January or remain at home attempting to do home office. The end of the year was fairly peaceful. Manage to finish some reports that were long due and start to think about what the next developments should be in the company.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of November 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 182,558 €. Monthly investment was made in the Mixed ETF, Stock X, Stock Y and in Shell shares. This was mainly due to earlier salary in December and me directly investing that.


The value of the portfolio is today: 243,801 € and I have 290 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 61,243 € (25.1%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 57% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 13,825 points which means that it has increased by 3.3% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has increased by only 2.9%.

Conclusion: DAX took the final month this year and I am happy to hand it that. My company pension fund has completely exploded this year due to my heavy investment into it which I intend to keep at this level (even though it is extraordinary) since I will need directly available cash when I decide to retire.

No comments: