Wednesday 2 December 2020

Summary of November 2020

 

Summary of November 2020

I did not receive any dividends this month so that is a bit sad but the share price developments during this month has been extraordinary. It is fascinating how we humans are influenced by hope and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Also this shall pass and the best approach as proven so many times in the past by so many is simply to keep investing - ideally even try to invest more. There will be new pandemics arriving in the future, there will be more crashes due to greed, fraud, fear, credit etc. All of it shall however pass.

Christmas and New Year celebration is looking poor at the moment. I do not want to risk going back to visit my parents in Sweden unless they have managed to receive the vaccine before and the chance of that is slim. So if I stay this year here in the UK then I will do my very best to try to recreate a Swedish julbord which should be feasible due to IKEA. I am sure that many Swedish people all over the world are very grateful for those blue and yellow IKEA stores. I got there every two to three months to buy some acceptable knackebrod.

Due to the new lockdown in the UK and my region coming out with Tier 3 regulations things have slowed down substantially again. We try to do as much as we can at work but my gosh are things slow!

For the previous summary please visit Summary of October 2020 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 173,863 €. Monthly investment was made in the Mixed ETF and in Shell shares. 

The value of the portfolio is today: 227,157 € and I have 3,346 € in cash on my broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € and unrealised of 53,294 € (23.5%) which is not good enough but it is improving. My ETFs are now up at a value of 58% of my portfolio.

DAX is now up at 13,382 points which means that it has increased by 7.2% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has happily increased by 9.4%. 

Conclusion: DAX lost this round against me again and it is now the third month in a row that my stock portfolio has done better - heavily driven by the tax favourable pension investment (Mixed ETF). The investing situation is quickly getting worse and as a proof of that my Shell shares that I bought last month is already up by 31% which always tends to put me off even though it should not.

No comments: