Wednesday 11 September 2013

Poll concerning my euro coin savings =>

1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents only
The picture above is showing two 2L juice jars in plastic that were bought sometime in 2006 in France. I the started collecting 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent euro coins and added them more or less directly afterwards to the jars when I had been out shopping with cash and received those small coins back.


So we are more or less talking about seven years of coin savings in a society were less and less cash is being used.

To be able to change it I had to go to the German Bundesbank which I found funny and strange but my own bank demand me to sit and fill up little paper rolls and what is even worse I have to pay for those paper rolls! Outrage! So Bundesbank became the saviour since they charge nothing for the changing of coins into bills. I really had to enter inside a very safe little box... give the money to a woman sitting behind bullet proof glass with eight cameras directed on me.

So the weight of these 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent coins were a total of 17.9 kg! That is almost as much weight as I have lost since last autumn and to carry it on the back in a backpack was to be honest extremely heavy due to the concentrated weight.

How much money was in there?

Please leave your answer at the poll on the right side.

No comments: