Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summary of August 2013


Summary, contrarian, August, 2013


Here follows the summary for August 2013. The month was tough once again and this time due to three reasons: I still have half salary, I went on vacation (I still managed to keep up the blog) and there was a wedding also this month so unfortunately I did not manage to transfer any money to my stock deposit. This month I hope that by going back to a more austere living that I will be able to save some money. I hate not being able to pay myself first of all in the beginning of the month!




value in euro as well as %-age of stock portfolio
In the above pie chart which represents the money I have invested in stocks only a small change has occurred and that was the addition of K+S after their dramatic drop. I bought it slightly too early but a contrarian stock on DAX with high yield was just to tempting for me and I bought it directly when it dropped. The total invested value is now up at 30358 € which I am pretty proud of since I only started 18 months ago.

euro as well as current size of portfolio
The current value of the portfolio is now down to 24936 € (-18%) due to a big drop with MüRe was well as Asian Bamboo after their poor report in the beginning of August. The drop in MüRe has been more sneaking up on me and I have hardly realised that it has decreased as much as it has from last month. Oh, and I am less proud of the current value on my stock portfolio.


The above chart is showing no big change since both DAX and I went down from last month. DAX went down by -2% and my contrarian stocks decreased by -3.6%. Overall DAX is up by almost 19% since I started to compare myself with it. What starts to concern me is that I am now more or less half way into the project and I do honestly not see that Asian Bamboo as well as Commerzbank will manage to recover during the next 18 months and only if I am extremely lucky will Asian Bamboo start to turn at that point and Commerzbank will maybe be back at +-0% but I doubt it will be better than that.

Either way I still have full confidence in all my stocks and have just started to realise that my time line was simply too ambitious with only three years. I will have to see how I do in the end... if I extend the time or if I sell off everything and buy index funds.

For the full portfolio report please go here and if you have suggestions for stocks that I should analyse then please go here. If you do write a comment then it will not appear directly because I always screen it first and as soon as I have done that it will be published.

No comments: