Wednesday 15 April 2020

Summary of March 2020

Summary of March 2020

Ray Dalio, Bridgewater, says that "The world has gone mad and the system is broken" - is he correct?

Based on the current pandemic many countries will start printing money and many governments are providing their population, the population that actually spends the money directly into society, with cash. Both are things that should help to solve the crisis that he has been speaking of. Would this have happened without the pandemic? Probably not. Will it be enough to restore the world order that Ray Dalio would like to see? Maybe.

The only thing to say about my work here in the UK is that home office is a drag! This might sounds horrible but I would prefer to be on furlough since then I would at least be able to use it as a sabbatical and focus 100% on my own personal development instead of constantly sitting in front of the work laptop and perform tasks as they arrive.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of July 2018 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.


The total invested value is now up at: 144,115 €. The most recent investments were made in ETF Germany (DAX) and in BASF.


The value of the portfolio is today: 149,484 € and I have only 149 € in cash on my one and only broker account. I have realised gains of 3,103 € (sold off losses) and unrealised of 5,370 € (3.7%) which, as always, is not good but then again I should probably be happy that it is a positive value at this point in time.



DAX is now down at 10,564 points which means that it has dropped by -16.2% since the previous summary and my own portfolio have reduced by -1%.

Conclusion: DAX has not done well during the last 1.5 to 2 years while I clearly sold off holdings at a good point in time to remove all my debts (~30k €) and to pay my dues. The divorce did not set me back as much as I expected (~45k €) but clearly I could have had ~75k € more invested and I will still need a couple of more years of investing before I can hand in the towel and do what I want instead of doing what I am good at but maybe not what I am perfect for doing. I've also been saving up to buy either a house or an apartment but I have not yet managed to get around to it and now it is pretty much impossible.


No comments: