Saturday 10 February 2024

Summary of January 2024

 

Summary of January 2024

More and more women are now being trained and used in the army in Ukraine, I hope that Russia decides that enough is enough and that the voices of the mothers in Russia keep increasing in volume regarding sending and having their boys being killed in a meaningless war that Putin decided to start and now probably keeps running due to pride.

I had a lovely ski trip to Trysil with my brothers and my cousins families. Trysil is a very nice place with long slopes that reminds me more of the Alps than anything else. Skistar and their inflation is making it costly though. I hadn't realised but my brother told me that Skistar apparently failed with their Austrian adventure. Pity, I hoped they would be able to go global but this might leave a mark on them for years to come. My poor little nephew managed to break his leg the first morning of skiing. The first (not yet up at skill level) and the last (tendency to make riskier decisions) appears to be the moments of additional danger. Is there a correlation with investing? I know for a fact that I was really bad in the early days and made seriously bad investments. When you have too much money, do you become reckless then again? May I never have that quantity of money! Angel investors are however needed to keep the entrepreneurs' of the world going but I prefer to be an entrepreneur than to become an angel investor.

My consultancy job is moving along ok, I would, at this point in time, like to increase it slightly, and I will have to have a discussion with them about that.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of November/December 2024.


The total invested value is now at: 343,328
 . No further investments were made.


The value of the portfolio is today: 525,591 € and I have 632 € in cash. Some dividend cash was taken out from my German stock broker. I have realised gains of 9,653 € and unrealised of 182,262 € (35%) which is not good enough. My ETFs are now up at a value of 77% of my portfolio.


DAX is now up at 16,927 points which means that it has increased by 2.0% since the previous summary and my own portfolio has increased by 4.4% in the same time period.

Conclusion: It's been a good start of the year and my portfolio has increased with 15k € which is an amazing figure on its own especially considering that my monthly costs currently are around 250€ per month. What goes up shall at some point come down again and I will need to extract money for the next stage pretty soon.

No comments: