Thursday 9 October 2014

Fighting the Finanzamt II and other matters


a battle against IRS in Germany

Previously I wrote that I was fighting against the German IRS regarding my tax deductions and you can read about it in the article fighting the Finanzamt (the German IRS). There I mention that in my final letter to them I demanded to receive the reason for each deduction that they decided to refuse.

I have now the answer back from them and it was, as it also should be, complete acceptance of every deduction. Once the decision has been made they directly pay out the money and it has even ended up on my bank account which meant that it was directly shifted to my stock broker account.



It was not a large amount but large enough to make it possible for me to do yet another extra investment. I have still not decided if I will do it now after this dip in stock market or if I will hold on until the end of the month and then make a double investment.

How is that for a luxury problem...

There are some larger DAX companies (Stocks of Interest with a link to the live updated DAX sheet) that have dropped a lot lately and the one that tempts me the most right now, of them, is BASF. But most likely I will continue to build up the new positions that I started with last month so be prepared!

On a secondary note: One of the biggest fundamental value investor blogger in Sweden, Lundaluppen, have decided to close down his blog (you can find him in the blog list). I have read his blog since 2012 and even though he and I run different investment strategies (mine is crazy contrarian and his solid as only a fundamental rock can be) he has my full respect for what he has built up not only in terms of stock portfolio but also the blog and the faithful readers that went to his blog day after day.

We small time bloggers can only wish to accomplish what he has done and he finishes with the banner held high! I wish him all the best and I hope that he will start writing again in 10 to 12 years from now when his children are old enough and his portfolio should then have grown to around 12 million SEK. I am looking forward to that moment!

No comments: