Thursday 23 October 2014

Strong progress means show and tell

Bull, stocks, market, depression, autumn

As I mentioned in Change of plans the new project was to bring all the analysed companies into one large document.

I have still not finished my work with the All company analysis list but I find that it starts to be pretty ok so I have opened it up for all of you to look at.

The concept of the list is still the same with a formula that calculates the motivated price to earnings value based on mainly their yearly revenue growth rate. When you look at the list then please, please, please be very observant regarding the date of the analysis. In many cases there can be one or even more annual reports in between which makes the current calculated P/E values etc slightly wrong. The good part of this is that you can then only request a new analysis of me and I will do it as soon as I find the time.



In this list I will also not sugar coat anything by calculating P/E5 etc. and it is more in the line of what you see is what you get especially since overtime you can always go back to the blog to see the previous analysis that have been made of the companies.

There will of course be a permanent link to the spread sheet in the Stocks of Interest page.

On a second note... this last autumn depression seems to have hit the market much stronger then what it has hit my portfolio. Calculating very roughly since June/July DAX is down by around -15% and my portfolio is in the same time frame down by -7% so by the look of it the depression influence the low P/E companies less which is then also theoretically correct. That my low P/E companies have also before this depression been drifting downwards slowly but surely is not so well explained in the theory. At the moment I must blame that on my own poor timing/skill in buying companies.

The beauty now would be if the low P/E companies rise higher than the market but the chance of that happening is, to be fair, very low.

No comments: