Wednesday 9 August 2023

Sold stocks during July 2023

 

I had two things that I've been needing to deal with since a long time and that was that I owned part of my H&M shares and all of my Ratos shares in a slightly strange construct which now needed to be sorted out. Secondly I had a debt built up towards all my nephews since the stock brokers that I have been using did not allow me to construct sub accounts for my nephews which can be done very easily in Avanza and was therefore also done. This means that I, moving forward, can very easily buy shares for them for their birthdays and I no longer have to carry a virtual debt to them. I've set it up so that I buy 70% Avanza Global and 30% Avanza Zero to them. I do today consider the low cost ETFs to be superior to any other investments for an amateur investor such as myself.

I therefore sold 353 of my H&M shares at 15.03 € giving 5,305.59 € (loss of -485.83€, -8%) for a holding held for 67 months. Dividend build-up I leave with my remaining shares.

I also sold all my Ratos (in hindsight... a bit early since they have recovered lately) of 1245 shares at 2.51 € giving 3124.95 € (loss of -698.05 €, -18%) and I've received 57.27 € in dividends during a holding period of 65 months.

My current holding period of sold investments are therefore 3.6 years and the change will be updated in the upcoming monthly summary.

No comments: