Thursday 5 April 2018

Summary of March 2018


Summary of March 2018

March was not the best of months for the world. Trade wars started by the US, complications between Russia and many countries which made me start thinking about how important are diplomats today? Do they still fill a function in the world? What would be the loss for a country if they were completely removed? With the accessibility of news over internet 24/7 as well as the speed of both encrypted and other communication it makes me wonder about their function and if they are really worth all the money that are spent on them. Personally I doubt it.

I spent Easter in my summer house with my family. It was great! Swedish nature with ocean and meadows and trees is just like an energy pill. It will be great to go there for summer vacation and to do some work on the house. It is time for some improvements.

For the previous summary please visit Summary of February 2018 and here you can see my stock portfolio as it is.

Invested vs Current March 2018

The total invested value is now up at: 112,577 €. During the month of March I picked up some more of BASF simply because I like their new business concept and the oil prices have started to recover.

Current investments March 2018

The value of the portfolio is today: 115,350 € and spread out I now have around 3,881 € in cash on the different accounts. I have a realised gain of 2,857 € and the unrealised gain is now at: 2,773 € (2%) which is not good at all but the saga continues.

Me vs DAX in March 2018

DAX increased slightly during the month and is now up at 12,002 points which means that the it increased by 0.7% which is better than my portfolios drop of -0.7%. I can thank the German banks and H&M for that...

Conclusion: DAX did better that my composition of stocks. By the look of it it is high time to push in more money into ETFs again but since I do that already each month automatically with my pension scheme I guess that it is enough for now. I will however make pushes into ETFs when I find something of interest.

No comments: