Tuesday 9 December 2014

Extra investment December: ETF Russia


HSBC, ETF, Russia

I guess I must call this an investment side-track that I have now started up. Happily it covers two advantages at the same time:

1. That I start to buy index funds just like I said that I would do when I did not manage to perform better than index after five years of investing (I still have two years to go!).
2. The index funds will be bought in pushed down markets so it will still be contrarian as it also must be done by me or else my blog need to change name.

I was and I still am, probably even more so now, very interested in Russian companies. To own individual companies I found difficult and for that reason an ETF of the Russian index turns out to be a perfect option for me.

What I therefore bought was a replicated, dividend paying, 0.6% fee ETF Russia from HSBC (ISIN DE000A1JXC86, WKN A1JXC8). Of this ETF I bought 135 parts which including fees I ended up paying 1013.65 € in total for or 7.51 € per part.

To take a look at my current Stock Portfolio then please click on that link. The portfolio will however not be fully updated until the end of the month.

No comments: